Dental Care for Seniors in Redmond and Bellevue
Here in the Eastside, seniors lead an active, healthy lifestyle and take dental health very seriously. As we age, we experience different issues in our oral health and staying on top of those issues can result in a better quality of life. BelRed Dentists loves working with our seniors, and we provide a 10% discount for our senior patients.
During your oral exam at BelRed Dentists in Redmond, we will check the following:
- Face and neck (for skin discoloration, moles, sores)
- Bite (for any problems in how the teeth come together while opening and closing your mouth)
- Jaw (for signs of clicking and popping in the temporomandibular joint)
- Lymph nodes and salivary glands (for any sign of swelling or lumps); your inner cheeks (for infections, ulcers, traumatic injuries)
- Tongue and other interior surfaces -- floor of the mouth, soft and hard palate, gum tissue (for signs of infection or oral cancer)
- Teeth (for decay, fillings, and cracks)
If you wear dentures or other appliances, BelRed Dentists will ask a few questions about when you wear your dentures and when you take them out. They will also look for any irritation or problems in the areas in the mouth that the appliance touches, and examine the denture or appliance itself.
Below are some of the common issues we find when working with our Redmond and Bellevue elderly patients:
- Darkened teeth
- Dry mouth
- Diminished sense of taste
- Root decay
- Gum disease
- Tooth loss
- Uneven jawbone
- Denture-induced stomatitis
Financial Aid for Senior Dental Care
BelRed Dentists in the Redmond/Bellevue area provides a 10% senior discount, and we work with most insurances. We have seniors who have been coming to BelRed Dentists for years, and we love being the go-to dentists for many of our local seniors.